Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)


Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)

The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program allows most international students who have graduated from an eligible program at a post-secondary institution to get Canadian work experience.

A minimum of one year of work experience in managerial, professional or technical positions (i.e., 0, A or B under the National Occupational Classification system) is required to apply for PR through the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) Express Entry.

To be eligible for the program, international students:

The validity period of the work permit must not be longer than the period of study of the graduate at the particular post-secondary institution in Canada.