Working Holiday (IEC)


Working Holiday (IEC)

This program is for applicants 18 – 35 who want to come to Canada and work on a temporary basis (1 or 2 years).

Citizens of certain countries, with a bilateral youth mobility arrangement with Canada who are between 18 and 35 years old can get an Open Work Permit to work in Canada

The IEC program has three categories:
Working Holiday

Successful applicants receive an open work permit, valid for one to two years. Open work permits allow participants to work anywhere in Canada for almost any Canadian employer.

Young Professionals

Citizens of participating countries can gain international experience by working for a Canadian company. A signed job offer letter or contract of employment with a Canadian employer is required before applying. The job offered must be classified as a National Occupation Code (NOC) Skill Type Level 0, A, or B. The job offer must also be relevant to their professional development.

International Co-op

This program allows citizens of participating countries who are enrolled at a post-secondary institution in their country of citizenship to spend a period of time interning for Canadian companies. Participants must arrange co-op placements with Canadian employers before applying. Applicants must be registered students for the duration of the internship.

Eligibility requirements for the IEC program

Candidates must: